November 14, 2008

It's November. Do You Know What Your Plants are Doing?





Is this the longest growing season ever? Or, has my three year-old garden matured enough to provide colorful blooms into November--in spite of frosts and a freeze?

I'm in zone 7, Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Several of the buddleia are still blooming in the outer garden. While I don't have a photo this week, the white butterfly ginger continues to produce abundant blooms in a protected spot against the east side of the house.

The azaleas have now been blooming quite well since early September. This is in addition to the spring display. The encore performance may be attributed to the warm micro-climate inside the cottage garden.

The roses that are out front in the cottage garden and blooming beautifully. The only time that they have looked bad this year was when I had to prune them back to deter the Japanese Beetles in June.

The rosemary cascades by our bridge, full of tiny, blue blooms. It's been going for months now. It is so fragrant and so easy to keep.

What's blooming in your garden this November?

Photos and story by Cameron.

Freelance travel writer. My current fiction writing projects include a completed manuscript and several works in progress.

By the way, my name is pronounced fred-ah, not freed-ah. Thank you.

Subscribe Now:

Followers

Click Pic for Travel Stories

Click Pic for Travel Stories
Paris, France; September 2013

The Musician. My late husband

The Musician. My late husband
Paris 2011