August 20, 2007

Gardening with Forum Friends

There was a time when all of my gardening friends were local. Now, I feel as though I have gardening friends from all over the US and in several countries. With my background in technology, I’m not surprised by the capabilities of using the web. What surprises and thrills me is how there is a new society of virtual friends who share stories, advice, photos and similar experiences from around the world!

I’ve been using forums for several years now. My first experience was in building a home, but I also participated in other related forums around kitchens, baths and decorating. I had wonderful experiences there, so I went over to the Cottage Gardening and Carolina Gardening forums. Gardening is my favorite hobby, probably passion. I found there’s a world full of other folks who feel the same way about gardening.

Do you want to know about another gardener’s experience with growing a new perennial in a sunny spot in zone 8? Want to know how to attract butterflies and create your own butterfly garden? Want to post a photo of your garden and ask for some design help? Ask the question and watch the amazing answers and photographs posted in response.

It’s so easy to say wonderful things about my forum friends. Talk about inspiration! The photos, the ideas, the blooms, the flowers…what I’ve seen and what I’ve learned from my forum friends has been nothing short of amazing!

There are some very talented folks who have opened up their warm hearts and their beautiful gardens to the world. They are a part of my everyday life. If I miss a day on the forums, I’ve missed a day with my friends.

Thank you all!

Happy gardening,
Cameron
Freelance travel writer. My current fiction writing projects include a completed manuscript and several works in progress.

By the way, my name is pronounced fred-ah, not freed-ah. Thank you.

Subscribe Now:

Followers

Click Pic for Travel Stories

Click Pic for Travel Stories
Paris, France; September 2013

The Musician. My late husband

The Musician. My late husband
Paris 2011