November 3, 2008

Red, White and...Blue Sky

If you've not already voted, please go vote!

I voted early on October 20th at my Chatham County, North Carolina polling place.

We had a beautiful fall weekend here with temperatures in the 70s and the fall colors contrasting with a beautiful blue sky. Here in our neighborhood, we don't have a club house and swimming pool. We have the original dairy barn and a pond left over from the days when this property was an operating farm. After I took the photo of the barn silo against the sky, I realized that the red metal roof, white silo and beautiful blue sky created quite the patriotic color scheme.

The sunlight came through our own Japanese Maple. I am very fond of this little cutleaf. It is glorious all year, even in the winter when the shape of the tree provides sculpture in the cottage garden. In spring, the tree is a vibrant deep red and lightens up during the summer sun, only to turn back to the vibrant red again in the fall. My "deer friends" are trying to get in my photos lately.



With such a beautiful weekend, we took a drive around the countryside as well. The gold, red and green colors of the trees form a patchwork quilt of random design. Enjoy our North Carolina fall colors!

Freelance travel writer. My current fiction writing projects include a completed manuscript and several works in progress.

By the way, my name is pronounced fred-ah, not freed-ah. Thank you.

Subscribe Now:

Followers

Click Pic for Travel Stories

Click Pic for Travel Stories
Paris, France; September 2013

The Musician. My late husband

The Musician. My late husband
Paris 2011