July 13, 2009

Compare Photos: Sun and Clouds


What a difference a day can make! From drought and sun yesterday to cloudy with heavy rains today. This weather change provided an opportunity to show the difference in the way flower colors appear under the two different conditions.

The first photo of agastache mix in the deer resistant garden taken on a cloudy morning shows the true colors of the blue, purple and pink blooms. The foliage colors are accurate in the cloudy photo, too. This is the garden design that I intended!

The second photo was taken around the same time of day, but on a very sunny morning. The golden light from the summer morning sunshine makes the flowers appear orange and yellow and not representative of the true colors.





These photos provide excellent examples of why I like to visit gardens on cloudy days, such as my photos of Monet's Gardens at Giverny, France.

The sun shines on my home garden as soon as it rises in the summer. The summer sun travels straight overhead during the day, making it difficult for me to take accurate photos. Besides the welcome rain, I welcome the clouds as an opportunity to record the true colors of my garden!


Photos and words by Freda Cameron; Location: home garden; July 2009
Freelance travel writer. My current fiction writing projects include a completed manuscript and several works in progress.

By the way, my name is pronounced fred-ah, not freed-ah. Thank you.

Subscribe Now:

Followers

Click Pic for Travel Stories

Click Pic for Travel Stories
Paris, France; September 2013

The Musician. My late husband

The Musician. My late husband
Paris 2011