May 25, 2010

Achillea 'Pomegranate'


There's a new yarrow in my garden. Seeing the color on the photo tag, I just had to try Achillea 'Pomegranate'. I purchased a gallon pot at a local nursery and planted in late April 2010. The perennial was so large, I easily divided it into three hardy plants. In less than a month there are large, deep red blooms!

Achillea 'Pomegranate' is planted with rose campion. Fortunately, the two are a well-matched monochrome pair!

Yarrows have proven to be drought, deer and rabbit resistant in my garden. This Blooms of Bressingham® variety, rated for zones 4-8, is supposed to be able to withstand the heat and humidity better than some of the other yarrow varieties. Full sun and well-drained soil are best.

I love this yarrow and have high hopes for a good performance—all summer!



Words and photos by Freda Cameron, Defining Your Home, Garden and Travel. All company or product or patented names mentioned are registered trademarks/copyrights/patents owned by those respective companies or persons.
Freelance travel writer. My current fiction writing projects include a completed manuscript and several works in progress.

By the way, my name is pronounced fred-ah, not freed-ah. Thank you.

Subscribe Now:

Followers

Click Pic for Travel Stories

Click Pic for Travel Stories
Paris, France; September 2013

The Musician. My late husband

The Musician. My late husband
Paris 2011